Saturday, December 8, 2012

Spinning Wool into Yarn.

I decided to take all this wool roving I have lying around and spin it into some yarn on my drop spindle.  I took a class on drop spindling at Weaving Works a while back, and I have to say, I've pretty much forgotten everything on how to do it!  It felt like it was a little more work than I remembered, I'm not sure if I am quite dropping the spin correctly.

Anyhow, I spun a single ply yarn from a combination of colors and types of wool.  I then crocheted the warmest hat I've ever worn.  It might be too warm!  

It must be the icelandic wool. The yarn, even at single ply, was really thick.  

Next time, I might try and spin a thinner yarn, even though I love thick, chunky, uneven "art yarns." 
But overall, I am pleased with the hat.  Now it needs to get cold enough here for me to wear it outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment